Acupuncture, the Natural Fertility Treatment
Struggling with fertility issues? You’re not alone. 1 in 4 couples have trouble getting or staying pregnant. Over 6 million women in the United States address this epidemic daily.
The issue has many factors including:
- Poor nutrition
- Environmental toxicity
- Unhealthy lifestyle factors
Studies find women who get acupuncture— have a higher rate of pregnancy and births. Treatments address the challenges of getting pregnant like PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). They also increase the chances of a successful IVF.
Many fertility doctors recommend acupuncture to help lower anxiety levels, as stress can lower fertility hormones like progesterone.
Some ways acupuncture can improve fertility:
- Reduce stress effects on the body
- Improve blood flow to the uterus – creating a more receptive environment for implantation
- Improve blood flow to the ovaries – increasing ovarian response for better quality eggs
- Balance hormones and restore the HPO axis (hypothalamus/pituitary/ovarian axis)
- Strengthen the immune system decreasing chances of miscarriage
Where we start
Suffolk County Acupuncture takes a comprehensive, holistic approach to your health. Your personalized plan of treatment begins with an in-depth evaluation to uncover any factors that may be preventing you from conceiving or maintaining a pregnancy. We look at factors like diet, sleep, lifestyle and environmental factors to create a customized plan to restore your health and fertility.
Whether you’ve been diagnosed with high FSH or labeled a “poor responder” to IVF we can help stop frequent miscarriages or unexplained infertility. Together, we will discover the best treatment options for you.
Suffolk County Acupuncture
Channel 12, Long Island
News 12 Long Island highlights Jim Vitale
and our quest to help couples conceive.